Most of us are being very proactive with our health by taking supplements. And this is very important especially for our older adults who rely so much on supplements to meet their daily mineral and vitamin requirements. In addition, we can get all the minerals from our food, but it is never enough. Most of Our seniors, or older adults struggle with food preparation containing enough nutrients for themselves, or do not have someone who can do so for them and as such they need to top up with supplements. Also, as we age, our skin slows down in absorbing nutrients the way it should and the only way to compensate this is via supplements.
Note that, your body does not absorb all the nutrients available in the supplement.
As such, there are certain things you should look out for in your choice of supplement if you want optimal absorption:
- This is a mineral technology which is designed to aid with mineral absorption present in your supplement.
- The absorption of our minerals usually take place in the intestine and the intestine is PH neutral and Less acidity than the stomach and mineral absorption is not favorable under such condition.
- For us to be able to absorb the minerals, the minerals have to stay dissolved, but this is not the case with supplements without the oligo technology because, the Neutral PH level in the intestine instead causes the minerals to recrystallize making absorption very difficult.
- For absorption to be smooth, the minerals need to stay dissolved which is exactly what oligo does.
- According to studies, Oligo keeps minerals more than 10 times available for absorption than supplements without oligo.
- Oligo also help preserve your antioxidants from being damaged by free radicals thus enhancing absorption.
- This in turn slows down or even prevent damage to cells caused by free radicals.
- Oligo protects the patency of antioxidants like Vitamin C.
- In addition, the longer a supplement has been sitting on the shelf or produced, the less potent they become, and this is because the ingredients in vitamins and supplements break down gradually with time thus become less effective over time.
- So, the fresher your supplements, the more benefits you get from it.